LUNATIC PRODUCTIONS FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE SOUTH TEXAS UNDERGROUND MUSIC SCENE!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MY TIME WITH DIME, Story by Andre Gonzalez

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

MY TIME WITH DIME, Story by Andre Gonzalez  Empty
PostSubject: MY TIME WITH DIME, Story by Andre Gonzalez    MY TIME WITH DIME, Story by Andre Gonzalez  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm

MY TIME WITH DIME, Story by Andre Gonzalez  Dimebag
I was stuck at the Villareal with no ride. This was before they put the big tit top on. My friends thought I had caught a ride with someone else. There were, maybe about fifteen to twenty people still in the parking lot, when a very high and drunk Darrell Abbott, pops out from behind a bus. God all this memories come back to me like a picture show when I recall the event. Someone asked for an autograph, then everyone started in on him as he signed away. He said he would be right back;that he had to take care of something and he went back into the venue. So as I waited along with a group of people. We talked about how he probably would not come back out.
As we were talking in a little group, we heard a voice. "Hey, who are you guys waiting for? Did the guys form Pantera come out?" We turned around to answer, only to see Dimebag looking around as if he were searching for the band? (lol) I'm sorry but that was freaking funny! Everyone was freaking out that he was standing next to us, all cool and collective. Man, that guy was so humble and down to earth. I stood there and watched my idol play with his loyal fans as if he were a teenager again. The big smile on his face and his misty eyes showed how much he adored and loved his fans. A group of Reynosa teenagers where so overwhelmed, that they where in his presence. He joked around as if he where so drunk that he couldn't walk, asking one of the teenagers for a ride home. The fan asked Dime if had another beer, at which he handed out the beer that was in his hand. He then told the kid to chug the Coors. It was funny cuz after the kid chugged it. He asked how old are you? The responded "18".. He yelled at the kid, "What, are you trying to get me arrested boy???" (lol) I seriously thought he was pissed. And got the assumption that he was your typical rockstar with a grudge against the world. But I couldn't have been more wrong. You should have seen the kids face. He look like he was shiting bricks. Then Dime picked him up as if to body slam the kid. Half way through Dime started laughing and set the kid back down. In the process he fell on himself and the teenager. The sound of his voice made you think you where the entertainer and he was the fan. That's how happy he was. You could tell right away when you meet him that he immediately saw you as family.
Well, as night ended and the people got their autographs and hugs. He proceeded back to his bus. I on the other hand had a four hour walk back to my house. So before leaving I sat down on the grass, (well when there was grass), and smoked me a doobie. A nice fat one too. While I sat there I watched the people empty out of the parking lot and watched as the buses lined up in front of the venue in order to leave. When they were leaving I could see Dime through the front windows of the bus talking to the driver. The driver who comes out on the videos chugging hot sauce. As the bus pulls behind another and I lost view and start to think how amazing this night was. See that was the first time,that I ever met anyone famous. Then it got better
. Mr. Darrell "Dimebag" Abbot got off the bus and began walking straight to me, asking if I had a ride. It was funny cause my legs started shaking. It was cold but not that cold. It was probably cause the #1 musician that I looked up too was talking straight to me. No one else around was worried that I didn't have a ride. When you met famous musicians sometimes they give you this feeling that your on an assembly line. And that they are the factory workers and your just the passing part. Peter Stelle, of Type O Negative was kind of a brick. Danzig's a short midget. Well I guess it all depends on how their day goes, but this one musician who was nominated for four Emmies was talking straight to me. He asked if I had a ride. I told him no that my ride took off without me. He then called his bus driver and told him to give me some cash for a cab. His exact words were well from what I remember,"Hey (forgot the name) give this kid twenty, twenty five bucks so he can catch a cab." I was stunned, I saw that he was nice but I didn't think he was that nice. The driver pulled out a whole bunch of twenties and passed me some cash. I asked "So all that cash is Dime's?" He said,"Yeah, he thinks I'm a fucking bank." Dime then asked if I wanted another autograph. I told him I had three and he said "Well here's another one."
I said,"Hey do you need some road crew". He asked me how old I was I said "Seventeen." He said that was too young and that it would be kidnapping. I asked him if he wanted to hit some of my blunt. He freaked out how fat it was and took a hit. After we conversed for a bit. He pointed me out to some black guy that was there road manager and said he would be able to call cab for me. He said he had to go. I told him before he left"Hey, well one of these days, hopefully I'll get to open up for you? Maybe see you on the road?
He said "Hell yeah!" while walking off. Major quote on this one cause I live by these words and will never forget them. "Hell yeah man, just work your ass off and put your balls into it and no matter what anyone says you can do it. Later cowboy" Those were the last words spoken too me by Dimebag Darrell Abbott. Rest in peace my friend. You will forever be immortal in are thoughts.

Back to top Go down
https://lunaticproductions.board-directory.net

MY TIME WITH DIME, Story by Andre Gonzalez
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LUNATIC PRODUCTIONS FORUMS :: ARTICLES :: ADMIN ARTICLES-
Jump to: